Fiat 500x Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a manufacturing defect on my car.

I've had the car since May and I've always heard a wind-related noise from something coming from the rear, when the speed is over 120km/h...

Yesterday I had the opportunity to ask a mechanic to take a look and he found culprit. The problem is with the rear spoiler (above the rear glass, with the brake light), it sort of "shakes" a bit at high speeds.

This wouldn't be a problem because its supposed to have a rubbery pad, which prevents it from touching directly the rear door of the car.

While the right side has enough rubbery pad, the left side has none, thus when the wind makes it shake, it vibrates when touching with the body of the car.

I'll take some photos for you soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rubber washer like part? Wonder if they've missed it off or if it's broken under vibration. A picture would be useful thanks so we can all check ours.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here it is. The left side of the rear spoiler.

The little red arrow shows the point that touches the body of the car. This part vibrates at high speeds.

I found another 500x, we compared the two and the other car did not have this problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
another one.. dealer/fiat arrange to give me replacement brand new 500x 1.6 diesel popstar coz my old one had lots of problemand now new car which is few days old problems are starting with this one too.. and i seen same problem with another 500x too. Looks like fiat has fails with built quality.
I guess this is common, mine has the same gap, its a joint between two panels the farthest away panel is pretty thin and seems to bend upwards at that point. You can push down with your finger, Im just going to dab a blob of soft plastic glue there and weight it down until it sets.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I guess this is common, mine has the same gap, its a joint between two panels the farthest away panel is pretty thin and seems to bend upwards at that point. You can push down with your finger, Im just going to dab a blob of soft plastic glue there and weight it down until it sets.
i know how they were doing but main question is when you pay nearly £20k for a car would you accept that gap or their fixing style.. and other thing when we used the heater on it gave like burn silicon smell. i didn't fix or let them to fix .i reported to fiat probably they will recall but strange thing gab closed itself without using any glue.still i am behind my words they made not good quality car for that money and didn't see any 500x without any problem.just wait the contract day after than no more fiat.
p.s. this is my second 500x after dealer decide to change my last crap..but still carry on similar problems

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts