Fiat 500x Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody here figured out the gimic that is Best Fuel/Best Consumption on the Trip Computer?

I've just about got to grips with Trip A and Trip B but having reset Best Fuel with its silly little cup it now constantly reads nil. That will teach me to press buttons

:confused:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine works, but to be honest I don't really use it. It hit 52.9mpg in the first few weeks of ownership and its been the same since. :-D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine works, but to be honest I don't really use it. It hit 52.9mpg in the first few weeks of ownership and its been the same since. :-D
It's just a gimmic really, not at al important, but at least it's working now

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have reset my "Best Fuel" readout many times but I can't work out what criteria it uses to calculate a new best fuel. Sometimes it takes many trips and other times it displays a new reading within about 5 minutes. The other day I was coasting down a gentle hill and I reset it and it quickly displayed 6.2 L/100kms (45.6 mpg). Don't know why it displayed a new "Best Fuel" so quickly when other times it has taken days. I would be interested to hear from anyone who knows how it works.

In the meanwhile I have decided not to ever reset it again because 6.2 L/100kms is pretty impressive ... all a bit of a laugh.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have reset my "Best Fuel" readout many times but I can't work out what criteria it uses to calculate a new best fuel. Sometimes it takes many trips and other times it displays a new reading within about 5 minutes. The other day I was coasting down a gentle hill and I reset it and it quickly displayed 6.2 L/100kms (45.6 mpg). Don't know why it displayed a new "Best Fuel" so quickly when other times it has taken days. I would be interested to hear from anyone who knows how it works.

In the meanwhile I have decided not to ever reset it again because 6.2 L/100kms is pretty impressive ... all a bit of a laugh.
Certainly not me. Like yourself I have a Best Fuel of 51.1 mpg and it's staying like that unless it ever gets better than that.

Not the most useful feature of the 500X

·
Registered
70 Posts
It something like over the last 100 hours of driving or 4000 miles unless you reset it. I don't know how long it takes to start showing but it will reset after the time or miles limit is reached.

·
Registered
11 Posts

I haven't manually reset my "Best Fuel" metre since my last post, but today I noticed that it has a new reading of 4.9 L/100kms or nearly 58 mpg (UK gallons). I don't know when it recorded the new best fuel consumption but I'm pretty impressed with it especially as I have the 170 hp 1.4 unit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts