Fiat 500x Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if the system as fitted to the 500X requires special valves or does it work some other way? Having new tyres soon, unclear about the valves.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Does anybody know if the system as fitted to the 500X requires special valves or does it work some other way? Having new tyres soon, unclear about the valves.

It works by sensors on each hub comparing the relative speeds of each wheel, so nothing on the valves. If you are having 4 new tyres it should work straight away, if just two, you may need to do a reset. There's info in the manual.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, had the two fronts changed. Did a reset anyway although I probably didn't need to.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What tyres were you on and what sort of mileage did you get?
The original 18" Bridgestone Potenza. Got 15,500 out of the offside front, the other three were much better. Bizarrely had the tracking checked and it was fine so not sure why OSF wore quicker

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My TPMS has taken to activating randomly, twice in the last 24 hours without any obvious cause. Is it really that sensitive? Anybody else experiencing the same?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you gone through lots of puddles and have you tried doing a re-set?
Sunday and Monday were incredibly wet where I was, so yes, lots of puddles etc. Activated randomly Sunday, Reset, then activated randomly Monday, less than 24 hours later. Tyre pressures all OK. Reset again with less rain and no further warnings

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wonder if the electrics were playing up? I had a light out warning during the heavy rain, checked all around and they were all on, since then the warning light has gone.

·
Registered
70 Posts
So it does sound like it's down to the wet weather. That's interesting and something to keep in mind next time it goes off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts