Fiat 500x Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just this very morning I have succeeded in getting uConnect Live (Including TomTom Live services) on my 'ancient' 500X. Mine is a pre Sept 2015 model, and originally a rental. No uConnect Live....boo.

No More. When I got my car back from the dealer last time I noticed that things had changed, the firmware is now v 16 point something and there are new features such as a uConnect Live app in Apps and TomTom Live Services Status in the Nav settings.

I emailed Fiat CS pointing out that this surely indicated that uConnect Live and TomTom Live should now be availabe according to the menu entries and hey presto, 2 days later a phone call from Italy informing me that uConect Live services were now fully activated on my vehicle, and I haven't even had to pay a penny to TomTom for their Live Services and I do believe that I now have TomTom maps installed, rather than the Harman maps originally installed. My unit is a 6.5" unit and not a 5", the only difference seems to be at the moment that I still don't have the option of updating myself via USB. You may just need to get the firmware updated to v 16 point something by your dealer.

So give em a call, drop them an email, hopefully, if you haven't already discovered it, you'll be going 'Live' within a matter of days 0:)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Glad to hear it. I remember reading your original threads where Fiat said you couldn't get it unless it was specified at the time of ordering. Only taken them two years to sort it out!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Live update

Well my 500x is nearly three years old. And despite going back in to check in the early days the live update hardly worked. I just gave up asking or even trying it. However by some stoke of luck I solved the problem. I am using as a mobile an Apple iphone 10 but had an earlier model before then. What works is to have have the unconnect app open on my phone. It’s worked a treat since then. Yipeeee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts