Fiat 500x Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this on Jalopnik and thought it might interest some of you here:http://jalopnik.com/the-2015-fiat-500x-will-americans-buy-this-fiat-1635864084

I think it's fair to say that Fiat hasn't exactly taken America by storm. Sure, the 500 Abarth is a perennial Jalop favorite, and other versions the tiny car sell okay in big cities, but the larger, uglier 500L has been something of a sales dud. Can the 500X change Americans' minds?
More grainy press shots of the upcoming crossover popped up on Italian site alVolante. Call me crazy, but I actually think it looks decent. When it comes to embiggening the design cues of the little 500, it's definitely better in execution than the awkward 500L.
Like its stablemate the Jeep Renegade, the 500X is built on an improved version of the 500L's platform. Early buzz for the Renegade has been very positive, so hopefully we can expect the same here. The car should debut officially later this year and go on sale in the U.S. next year.
Think Americans will warm up to it?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yeah, what are they waiting for ? They would sell a lot of them, it could even became more popular than manual-diesel-wagons.

I think the Jeep Renegade will probably sell more but either way - it's a win win for Fiat Group.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys,
I think the American market will be relatively small for the Fiat 500x. The most popular, Fiat 500, was a decent selling car in the US but the quality just isn't there yet. If Fiat wants to look promising for the future i believe they will have to produce and promote higher build quality, inside and out!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Superbowl might help Fiat Chrysler sell a few more 500x's in the American market.
Check the link!http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2015/01/27/chrysler-fca-super-bowl-ad/22438459/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts